Smart Press Range
The new Smart Press range of pneumatic presses meets the needs of the most demanding winemakers. They are equipped with the latest innovations. The Fast Press drainage trays and the smart pressing system allow optimal use of the press to extract high-quality juices. The Smart Press pneumatic press range is available for all cellars, from 20 to 600 hl in the closedcage version, and 40 to 150 hl in the open-cage version.
"I decided to invest in a PELLENC PERA
OENOPROCESS press for several reasons:
● The quality and speed of the juice extraction
● The automatic washing system in the Smart Press has built-in washing—including under the grids—which delivers a very satisfactory result.
● The technical support provided by PELLENC PERA OENOPROCESS and its distributor from installation all the way to use during harvesting."
Jean Marie Quef
Domaine de l’Amaurigue
Provence Region, FRANCE
• Protected juices (SPC).
• The juices run directly into the closed, inerted juice tank (SPC).
• The aromas are preserved, and the colour is protected.
• Easy Press 2 smart pressing cycles guarantee the quality.
• The juice is clear, not cloudy, thanks to self-filtration through the pomace.
• Ingas and Enoxy+ systems protect against oxidation.
• The juice at the end of the pressing is better protected and maintained.
• Less time between pressing cycles.
• Increased filling capacity.
• Choice of cycle depending on the desired profile.
• Saves water and energy.
• The press can be used for skin maceration (SPC).
• Qualified on-site maintenance and after-sales service.
• Fewer winemaking additives used.
• The new Touch Press colour touchscreen: ergonomic
• Easy Press 2 Smart management of pressing cycles.
• The press is quick and easy to wash thanks to the Fast Press* trays (15 to 30 minutes) or the pierced tank (SPO).
• Easier to use.
• Less handling by the operator.
• Pomace is emptied completely and quickly.
• The comprehensive range has something suitable
for every cellar.
• Complete drainage cap for thorough cleaning of the press.
• Hardy, reliable design.
• Faster juice run-off: larger drainage surface than the previous range (+30 to 140%)* (SPC).
• Improved filling capacity: faster drainage (up to 30 %)* (SPC).
• Shorter pressing time.
Gravity or by conveyor: door feed, one or two doors
OPTIMISED DESIGN FOR MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE:
Pera-Pellenc R&D engineers have conceived simple, efficient systems which improve Smart Press pressing efficiency. There are significant improvements: better filling capacity, improved drainage, better pressing time, easy to use.
Optimised design for pressing to meet all needs:
• Increased drainage surface: up to 360% more*
• Greater filling capacity: up to 30% more*
• Faster pressing: up to one hour less*
The Smart Press range is available with two types of cage to meet all wineries requirement:
The Smart Press cages are fitted with a set of important elements to optimise pressing and maintenance:
• An air-diffuser drain for better-balanced pressing on the membrane
• The membrane is made of food-grade polyurethane (compliant with CE/FDA food standards) for pressing even with a very small
quantity of grapes
• A coil brings the pomace to the door(s) for total, fast emptying of the press.
• A technical access hatch (inspection cover: on 65 to 600hl) to give access to the air part of the vat, and help with maintenance of the membrane.
Pera-Pellenc details which make the difference:
one simple and smart programming
The new intuitive Touch Press tactile interface and the Easy Press 2 smart pressing
system simplify use from the outset:
• Pressing cycles customised to meet the needs of the cellar (logistics, quality, etc.)
• Real-time adjustable pressing programme
• Save the programmes (in advanced mode) on a USB memory stick for perfect traceability
•The pressing cycle depends on two criteria set by the operator: quality and dryness of the pomace
• Real-time information on any problems for faster response time by operators
Two modes of programming available
• Programming of the different pressing phases by the operator: pressure, maintenance times, number of breaking-up cycles
• 20 programs with 99 possible programming lines
Easy Press 2
• The automat manages the pressing cycles according to the juice flow and the end of the cycles depending on the desired degree of dryness
• Pressing time and number of breaking up cycles optimized
• Better quality of the extracted juices
• Pressing stops when the press cake reaches a certain dryness
• 5 predefined types of grapes: destemmed grapes, whole clusters, fermented pomace, shot grapes, end of maceration
OPTIMISED DESIGN FOR QUICK, EASY CLEANING:
The new Smart Press has features to help with cleaning. In the closed-cage version, the Fast Press drainage trays have few nooks and crannies and help ensure the pomace is completely removed. The quick fold-back system gives complete access under the trays. The open-cage presses (SPO) are designed to be quick and easy to clean. The cage is pierced to make it easier to clean the slots and reduce washing time and water consumption. The built-in automatic washing systems help reduce washing time to less than 30 minutes.
SPC - Inside the press
SPC- Easy-to-open Fast Press grids
The design is optimised for easier washing of the press:
• The new Fast Press drainage grids and the emptying coil gather the pomace towards the chosen door, so it can be removed entirely.
• The fast grid opening system makes it easier to thoroughly wash the vat. Daily washing is faster: 30 minutes on average.
No more inaccessible corners, the vat is cleaned perfectly
SPC - Full washing – sliding grids
SPC - Pomace drainage coils
The automatic washing systems incorporated into the presses
(complete washing under the grids) allow:
• Reduced water consumption
• Shorter washing time at the end of day
• Quick and easy thorough washing under the grids
SMART GRAPH TOOL TO HELP OPTIMISE PRESSING
Smart Graph is a decision-making aid that allows the winemaker to understand and optimise the pressing.
It enables a real-time diagnostic directly on the screen on the press, or later on a computer with Smart Graph software.
By analysing the curves, the winemaker can get an understanding of problems arising from filling, clogging, etc. and take steps
to optimise the various pressing phases (filling, drainage, pressing, and so on). This has a direct impact on the quality of the wines
(sludge rate, rapid extraction of juices = limits oxidation) and decisions about bringing in the harvest.
Optimising the various pressing steps has a significant impact on the pressing time. In many cases, it shortens the pressing process and saves the cellar a considerable amount of time.
Smart Graph lets the user visualise the progress of the pressing
process in real time.
The following information can be displayed as a curve:
• Pressure applied by the membrane
• Axial feeding pressure (in the case of axial filling)
• Quantity of juice extracted
• Complete juice height (computer version only): percentage of juice run-off/total juice according to time elapsed
• Antioxidant injection (if Enoxy+ option)
• Conductivity (if equipped with conductivity monitoring, available as an option)
• As well as 3 additional possible parameters (depending on options)
The pressing data is stored on an SD card in the press interface.