Smart Press Range
The new Smart Press range of pneumatic presses meets the needs of the most demanding winemakers. These presses are equipped with the latest innovations. The Fast Press drainage grids and the smart pressing system allow optimal use of the press to extract high quality juices. The Smart Press range of pneumatic presses, from 20 to 150 hl, with open or closed cage, meets the needs of all types of cellar.
"We are very satisfied with the performance of this new press. It is both faster and quieter. The drains are completely different from the ones on the old presses. With the drip trays, there is more drainage surface, so drainage is faster. This means we can put more grapes into the press via the axial feed. Pressing is also faster. The interface is very easy to use, and pressing cycles can be adjusted easily. The closed juice tray, and the injection of nitrogen and SO2 minimise oxidation. Nitrogen is injected during filling via the trays and the SO2 is injected on to the pomace to prevent oxidation and extract lovely green juices.
We have had excellent results in our wines. The rosés show great promise, with the lovely colours our customers are looking for, and our white Sauvignon explodes with wonderful aromas of tropical fruit. Washing is very efficient. We used the automatic washing cycle every day to clean under the trays. Once a week we remove the trays for more thorough cleaning. They are very easy to open as there is just one bolt for each tray, which you just swing out to clean underneath. It takes us about 30 minutes to open the trays, clean underneath and close them again.
We are very satisfied with the quality of our Pera press and the excellent service we receive."
• Juices protected
• Juices run directly into the closed, inerted juice vat
• The aromas are preserved, and the colour is protected
• Easy Press 2 smart pressing cycles guarantee the quality
• The juice is clear, not cloudy, thanks to the self-filtering through the press cake
• Ingas and Enoxy+ systems protect against oxidation
• The juices at the end of the pressing are better protected and more valuable
• Less time between pressing cycles
• Increased filling capacity
• Choice of cycle depending on the desired profile
• Saves water and energy
• Press can be used for skin maceration
• Qualified on-site maintenance and after-sales service
• New Touch Press colour touch screen - ergonomic and intuitive
• Easy Press 2 Smart management of pressing cycles
• The press is quick and easy to wash thanks to the Fast Press* trays (15 to 30’)
• Easier to use
• Less handling by the operator
• Pomace is emptied completely and quickly
• Full range adapted to all cellars
• Complete drainage cap for thorough cleaning of the press
• Robust, reliable design
• Juices run off faster:
larger drainage surface (30-140% larger)*
• Improved filling capacity:
faster runoff (15-25% faster)*
• Shorter pressing time
Gravity or by conveyor: door feed, one or two doors
one simple and smart programming
The new intuitive Touch Press tactile interface and the Easy Press 2 smart pressing
system simplify use from the outset:
• Pressing cycles customised to meet the needs of the cellar (logistics, quality, etc.)
• Real-time adjustable pressing programme
• Save the programmes (in advanced mode) on a USB memory stick for perfect traceability
•The pressing cycle depends on two criteria set by the operator: quality and dryness of the pomace
• Real-time information on any problems for faster response time by operators
Two modes of programming available
• Programming of the different pressing phases by the operator: pressure, maintenance times, number of breaking-up cycles
• 20 programs with 99 possible programming lines
Easy Press 2
• The automat manages the pressing cycles according to the juice flow and the end of the cycles depending on the desired degree of dryness
• Pressing time and number of breaking up cycles optimized
• Better quality of the extracted juices
• Pressing stops when the press cake reaches a certain dryness
• 5 predefined types of grapes: destemmed grapes, whole clusters, fermented pomace, shot grapes, end of maceration
OPTIMISED DESIGN FOR QUICK, EASY CLEANING:
The new Smart Press has features to help with cleaning. In the closed-cage version, the Fast Press drainage trays have few nooks and crannies and help ensure the pomace is completely removed. The quick fold-back system gives complete access under the trays. The open-cage presses (SPO) are designed to be quick and easy to clean. The cage is pierced to make it easier to clean the slots and reduce washing time and water consumption. The built-in automatic washing systems help reduce washing time to less than 30 minutes.
SPC - Inside the press
SPC- Easy-to-open Fast Press grids
The design is optimised for easier washing of the press:
• The new Fast Press drainage grids and the emptying coil gather the pomace towards the chosen door, so it can be removed entirely.
• The fast grid opening system makes it easier to thoroughly wash the vat. Daily washing is faster: 30 minutes on average.
No more inaccessible corners, the vat is cleaned perfectly
SPC - Full washing – sliding grids
SPC - Pomace drainage coils
The automatic washing systems incorporated into the presses
(complete washing under the grids) allow:
• Reduced water consumption
• Shorter washing time at the end of day
• Quick and easy thorough washing under the grids
OPTIMISED DESIGN FOR MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE:
Pera-Pellenc R&D engineers have conceived simple, efficient systems which improve Smart Press pressing efficiency. There are significant improvements: better filling capacity, improved drainage, better pressing time, easy to use.
Optimised design for pressing to meet all needs:
• Increased drainage surface: up to 360% more*
• Greater filling capacity: up to 30% more*
• Faster pressing: up to one hour less*
The Smart Press range is available with two types of cage to meet all wineries requirement:
The Smart Press cages are fitted with a set of important elements to optimise pressing and maintenance:
• An air-diffuser drain for better-balanced pressing on the membrane
• The membrane is made of food-grade polyurethane (compliant with CE/FDA food standards) for pressing even with a very small
quantity of grapes
• A coil brings the pomace to the door(s) for total, fast emptying of the press.
• A technical access hatch (inspection cover: on 65 to 600hl) to give access to the air part of the vat, and help with maintenance of the membrane.
Pera-Pellenc details which make the difference: