OPTIMISES THE OAKING OF YOUR WINES
Smart Oak is an innovative tool for controlling
the oak ageing of wines, allowing faster, more
accurate extraction of the oak to suit consumer
Smart Oak is an automated tool for managing the oaking
of wines. Smart Oak is connected to an oaking vat.
Different types of wood fragments can be used
(shavings, staves, and bloks).
Balanced, quality oaking is completed in a few days
instead of a few weeks.
The winemaker chooses the type of oaking to put in the
wines, to suit consumer demand, with a simple, easyto-
Smart Oak helps to oak the wine for the
optimum period of time. Smart Oak provides
a response to an urgent, unplanned demand
for oaking. The organoleptic result still
complies with current practice. The oaking
is also repeatable. Smart Oak is easy to use
and implement. The wine keeps its fruit and its
aroma, while adopting volume in the mouth
and added structure.
Jean Luc Andrieu,Director
Cave Héraclès, Gard,
• lnerting during oaking operation.
• Preserves freshness and fruitiness of wine
• Controlled extraction of the aromatic compounds from the oak wood.
• Temperature monitoring in real time.
• Alert in the event of air intake
• Extraction intensity selected according to the type of wine required.
• Reduced wood/wine contact time (a few days
instead of 3 to 6 months in the static process).
• Rapid return on investment.
• Flexibility: enables fast adaptation to consumer demand.
• Improved control of wine preservation (no transfer from vat when oaking complete)
• Shavings added to the Smart Oak vat.
• No need to lift bags of shavings to the top of the vats.
• Safer for operators.
• Customised control of oaking: automatic or manual programmes as required
• User-friendly and intuitive touchscreen interface.
• The progress of the oaking is monitored by an
electrical impedance spectrometry sensor.
• Repeatable oaking profiles.