FLASH DETENTE TECHNOLOGY
ADAPT YOUR WINES
TO CONSUMER REQUIREMENTS
This innovative thermovinification process significantly improves the quality of the wines and adapts the type of wine to consumer requests.
"We consider this Flash detente thermovinification process to be a very worthwhile invention. This technique has enabled us to modify the profiles of our wines, making them fruitier and rounder and perfectly suited to the expectations of the world market. We are delighted with all the technical features that this technology makes possible! “
Viña La Rosa CHILE
• Rounder, fatter, fruitier wines
• Stable colour and aromas
• Alters the harmful enzymes (laccase, polyphenol and oxidase)
• The wines obtained are less sensitive to deterioration from oxidation
• The full potential of the grapes is revealed
• Fewer pumping over, labour saving
• The entire volume of the tank is used
• Strong - and faster - alcoholic fermentation
• Better temperature control during fermentation
• Fermentation volumes up 25% with the same amount of energy
• Easier tank drainage (if vinification in liquid phase)
• Better coolant exchange during fermentation
• Non-stop operation possible
• Continuous process up to the alcoholic fermentation
• Reduced heating costs thanks to greater flexibility in harvesting dates
• Improved cellar capacities to produce new styles of wine or juice
• Optimised cellar with more opportunities for the vinification team
• Fermentation capacity increased by 25% for the same energy input
Ease of use
• PERA programmable automat
• Simple and intuitive tactile interface
How it works
The 'flash detente' thermovinification process consists of a fast heat treatment, with the grapes brought up to high temperature, followed by immediate cooling by pressure reduction.
1- Heating the grapes: two tools available
The grapes are heated to 85°C.
2- Pressure reduction
The heat-treated grapes are fed into the vacuum chamber. This high vacuum chamber causes an almost instantaneous cooling of the grapes. The vapour generated is condensed. The condensates and the run-off juices are fed back into the pump.
OPERATING THE EQUIPMENT
The process is entirely controlled by a programmable automat which regulates the temperature when the grapes leave the heating chamber depending on the type of vinification chosen (Hot pre-fermentation maceration: 70°C, flash detente thermovinfication: 85°C).
A simple and intuitive tactile interface allows the operator to control the various operating parameters (temperatures and maceration time) and informs the operator of any operating faults.
Compared to traditional techniques, the flash détente process significantly increases the quantity of extracted dyes, the polyphenols and the polysaccharides. The wines have more colour, and are fruitier and rounder, but with the same tannic structure.